We are convinced that learning, at its best, occurs when the focus is the development of the whole person; when academics are intertwined with relationships and faith.
- Nurture spiritual growth and stewardship through study and discovery.
- Teach the Bible as the story of God's relationship with us and encourage students to choose the way of Jesus in daily life.
- Lead students to understand, appreciate and identify with people of faith throughout history, with emphasis on the Anabaptist/Mennonite witness of faithful discipleship and service.
- Partner with the families and local Mennonite church congregations.
- Encourage students and staff to belong and to actively participate in their local churches.
- Provide opportunities for students to be involved in service, both locally and globally.
- Equip students to discern values in the world, in order to responsibly participate and lead in their church, community and global society.
- Provide a safe living environment where students are respected and have the opportunity to understand community and to live in community.
- Provide a community where every student is included and encouraged to explore their gifts and find places of involvement and belonging.
- Foster a stimulating and safe school environment where students and staff reconcile individual freedom with mutual accountability and learn a wholesome respect for self and others.
- Help develop respectful and ethical relationships, where each person is valued and where we are accountable for our actions, decisions and behaviours.
- Encourage and affirm students to do their very best, whether in academics, leadership, service, athletics, music or the arts.
- Give students and staff the direction and the grace they need when they fail.
Excellence in Education
- Offer a program of academic excellence recognized by both the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education and institutions of higher learning.
- Enable students to achieve academic success by providing opportunities and supports for study and learning for students of all abilities.
- Inspire academic achievement in order to broaden, enrich and challenge student's learning and worldview.
- Enrich classroom learning with creative opportunities in academic programs, music, student leadership, athletics, the arts and service programs.
- Enable students to weigh educational, lifestyle, vocational and voluntary service choices that offer healing and hope in a world of disparities.
- Promote healthy relationships between RJC and the local and wider community.
- Promote contact and connections with the wider community of RJC - alumni, churches, potential students.
- Foster opportunities for students and staff to give back to the local community.
- Inform and invite participation from the community in RJC events.
- Engage and consult the local community regarding initiatives which may impact them.
- Instil a respect for creation and a sense of responsibility for our time and gifts.
- Encourage healthy living.
- Encourage global awareness, working towards fairness and equality in the world.
- Be generous stewards of our time and resources.
- Respect the history and the connection to the land of our Mennonite heritage.
We recognize the importance of the continued support of families, alumni and our constituency of Mennonite Church Saskatchewan and Alberta in this endeavour. It is well that we regularly commit this enterprise to God.