Explanation of Fees
RJC attempts to make school costs affordable to families who are interested. Financial assistance is available for eligible students.
- Academic Fee
- Includes the costs for instruction, labs, internet usage, email service, library, physical education and similar expenses. Noon meal costs are included as well.
- Student Activity Fee
- Includes the costs for student council expenses: Faith & Life, Spirit, Link (RJC yearbook available to students who complete a semester), “Borscht” student newsletter. In addition the costs for student retreats, ALSO, year-end celebrations, athletic officials and game uniforms are included.
- Learning Resources Fee
- Includes the costs for textbook replacement and other resource materials used for teaching, as well as class retreats, trips, activities and ALSO.
- Capital Replacement Fee
- Is added to a long-term capital fund used for major repairs to existing facilities.
- Residence Fee
- Includes the costs associated with living in the residence, including meals.
- Shuttle Service Fee
- For students using the Shuttle Service as Day Students, who are transported to and from home each school day by an RJC staff member and vehicle. Half of the fees are due September 1st and the half are due February 1st.
- Accident Insurance Fee
- Includes the cost of 24-hour, 365-day student accident insurance.
- Damage Deposit
- Used to cover cost of texts not returned or any damage caused to the dorm or school. $25 of this deposit from each resident student will go to the dorm funds for dorm activities. Any amount not used will be refunded at the end of the school year.
- Graduation Fee
- Includes banquet costs for two adults and the graduating student. It also includes transportation and fireside costs.
- Additional Costs
- Costs not covered by the above fees. These include private voice and instrument instruction costs, ski trips, local and club sports' fees, football practice jerseys, sports' teams shorts and more extensive tours.
To qualify for an application deadline, all materials must be received in the Admissions Office by the appropriate deadline date. If a student qualifies for a specific application deadline, they will be notified of admission by the corresponding notification date.