Every year thousands of students decide to leave their country and study abroad. As we are a resident High School, we have the opportunity and privilege to host students looking for a cross-cultural education in an exceptional academic environment. If you are a student looking to improve your English language skills and acquire your high school diploma in Canada please do consider what Rosthern Junior College has to offer.
An international student (first time student as well as a transfer student) is one who will be attending Rosthern Junior College on an student visa. Canadian citizens living abroad should follow the application guidelines for Canadian Students.
Benefits of Studying at RJC
- The school is located in a small safe town
- The school is located in town so access to shops and services is easily accessible
- The school provides an exceptional academic program
- The school provides a variety of opportunities for cultural integration and experience
- The school provides two male and two female deans who live in residence with the students
- The school has a highly acclaimed fine arts and music department
- The school participates in a variety of competitive sports
- As a Christian school we encourage all of our students to learn how to live in peace in the school community
- Saskatchewan has FREE basic Health Care
- It is advisable to have up to 3 months of extra medical coverage for the start of the academic year as it takes some time to receive your Saskatchewan Health Card.
NOTE: Fees listed on the current downloadable Fee Schedule will be honoured in case of a fee discrepancy on the website.
Steps to Register
- Download and print the International Student Application Form and send it to:
RJC Admissions Office
Rosthern Junior College
Rosthern, SK S0K 3R0
or FAX: 1306-232-5250
- We will be happy to help you with the process.
We limit the number of International Students each year so every advantage goes to the early applicant.
- Submit the following for acceptance: (all fees in Canadian dollars)
Description Refundable Amount Deposit Yes $13,000 Registration Fee No $500 Damage Deposit Yes $125 Total $13,625
- Pay in the form of a cheque or money order or electronic transfer to Affinity Credit Union in Rosthern. Financial Transfer information is supplied in the Affinity Credit Union Contact tab (Miscellaneous Information.)
- Remaining balance is due September 30.
- If the student is in Grade 12, an additional Graduation fee is also due September 30.
- See the most recent INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FEE SCHEDULE for fee amounts.
- Submit an official transcript from each secondary and post-secondary school attended, current through the time of application. Transcripts must arrive with a certified English translation documenting your coursework, examinations taken, grades received, passing and maximum marks, and evidence of secondary school graduation. Transcripts will be considered official only when sent directly from the institution to RJC via the aforementioned address above.
- A Canadian Custodian in Saskatchewan needs to be provided and a Canadian Custodian for all students under 18 years of age. The form must be completed and notarized in Canada and the country of origin.
- Upon receiving the deposit, RJC will send the Letter of Acceptance necessary for immigration purposes. This letter will be sent by courier with any other pertinent documents for immigration to the family or representing agent.
- The Ministry of Education will do an evaluation of the student's transcripts to determine class/course placement. Depending on when the original application is received the student may temporarily be placed in a class until the official evaluation is complete.
- A copy of medical approval and a copy of immunizations and vaccination records are required before a student will be accepted.
It is recommended that each student complete a medical examination and submit a medical report stating they are healthy and well to travel to immigration with his/her application.
- The government of Canada will expect to see some proof of financial ability for each student family that proves the ability to care for the student while studying abroad.
Government of Canada Information
- Valid student visa.
- A copy of medical approval and a copy of immunizations and vaccination records.
- Financial ability to meet the cost of education at Rosthern Junior College (Tuition, Room, Board, Health Insurance). Please refer to the current tuition and cost .
We accept applications on a rolling basis, and process your files as we receive them. We look forward to hearing from you!
If a student's visa is rejected by Canadian Immigration, the tuition fees are refunded.
Please refer to International Fee Schedule for information on withdrawals/refunds during the school year.